208 RALLY CUP: LAURENT PELLIER MAKES IMMEDIATE IMPACT!
Mon, 03/04/2017 - 20:00
208 RALLY CUP ROUND #1 | TERRE DES CAUSSES
Alors que les juniors de la PEUGEOT RALLY ACADEMY faisaient leur entrée dans le Championnat d’Europe des Rallyes au Portugal (Azores Airlines Rally) à bord de la PEUGEOT 208T16 ; 21 équipages ont pris le départ de la cinquième saison de la 208 Rally Cup dans l’Aveyron (France), à l’occasion du Rallye Terre des Causses, disputé sur PEUGEOT 208R2.
- Rallye Terre des Causses (France, March 31-April 2): The crews registered got off to a flying start at this weekend’s all-gravel event, run partially in wet weather.
- The competition turned out to be a fiercely-fought affair, with several drivers scrapping for top spot until the end of the very last stage: Frenchmen Laurent PELLIER and Karl PINHEIRO and Portugal’s Diogo GAGO were in particularly fine form over the weekend and were a match for the speed of 208 Rally Cup regulars Quentin RIBAUD (France), Taisko LARIO (Finland) and Efren LLARENA (Spain).
- Drivers under 23 are all aiming to get their seat for the ‘’Junior Expérience’’, the new feature introduced by Peugeot Sport with support from EUROSPORT: 3 coaching sessions in FIA ERC for the top junior in the standings at the 208 Rally Cup Championship’s midpoint.
The junior Laurent PELLIER (Easy Rally), who was making his debut appearance in the 208 Rally Cup, made a big mark in his PEUGEOT 208R2 which he steered to victory in the competition at his first attempt. He pocketed three bonus points by claiming the highest number of fastest stage times, helped by a judicious tyre strategy.
“Along with my team, we managed to find a fantastic set-up and to keep two new tyres for the final loop. I am very happy with these great results!”
After improving consistently in the course of his first 208 Rally Cup campaign in 2016, Quentin RIBAUD showed that he is likely to be a regular front-runner this time round. A score of three stage wins helped the CHL Sport Auto driver to score overall second position, and also to appear at the top of the French Rally Championship’s two-wheel drive class.
“It was a great way to kick off the season. The PEUGEOT 208R2 is reliable, and a really competitive car!’’
Taisko LARIO (CHL Sport Auto) was frequently quick in 2016 and this year he seems to have added consistency to his strengths since he was the third man on Sunday’s podium, ahead of Diogo GAGO (Raceseven) who enjoyed a successful comeback to the French scene.Belgium’s Guillaume DE MEVIUS (PH Sport), who was one of the pre-start favourites, appeared momentarily in front but was side-lined by an ‘off’ on SS3. François-Xavier BLANC (LTB), who has a habit of going well on the loose, was eliminated by mechanical trouble on the same stage.
- Imagery, videos and podcasts free of editorial rights: http://www.media.peugeot-sport.com
- Résults & live timing: https://www.its-results.com/
PEUGEOT SPORT Communication Manager:
Aurélie LEHE – firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 126.96.36.199.99
208 RALLY CUP
Jean-Marc VINATIER (Sporting Manager) - email@example.com - +33 6 73 48 43 39
Clément RULLIÈRE (Press Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 6 77 28 55 13