PEUGEOT 208 Rally 4… Time for action!
Following the 208 Rally 4’s launch at the beginning of the year, almost 100 firm orders have been placed for the new car and Peugeot Sport has been busy making sure that its customers receive their machines in the speediest timeframe possible. The 208 Rally 4 is poised to make its first competitive appearance this weekend in Portugal, and other outings are scheduled to follow shortly afterwards in Italy and the Czech Republic.
- After a year’s development work in Europe and despite the need to adjust building and delivery schedules due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the new Peugeot 208 Rally 4 is already on its way to its new owners. As rally action resumes in Europe, Peugeot Sport, its partners and suppliers have been pulling out all the stops to make sure its new challenger reaches the teams in time. Portugal is the first country where the 208 Rally 4 will compete, with cars being run by PT Racing and Racing Factory at this weekend’s Rally de Castelo Branco (July 3-5).
- New Peugeot 208 Rally 4s will soon be making their debut elsewhere in Europe. The entry of Rallysprint Pribram in the Czech Republic on July 24 - 25 includes cars tended by Brynda and MRS Carso.
- The 208 Rally 4s first taste of international competition will be at Italy’s Rally de Roma at the end of August. The European Rally Championship (ERC) program will see the new car run by several teams.
- Meanwhile, the Iberian Peninsula and French Peugeot 208 Rally Cups are gearing up to kick-off soon, with their respective opening rounds to be held in Portugal (Rali do Alto Tamega) on August 28-29 and in France (Rallye du Mont Blanc) on September 4-5. Although the calendars of these two single-make championships have had to be adjusted due to the coronavirus pandemic, both will still feature four events, with a mix of gravel and asphalt action.
Mayeul Tyl, Manager Peugeot Citroën Racing Shop
“In these strange times, we are grateful to our customers for the confidence they have shown in us. We have received almost 100 firm orders for the 208 Rally 4 and the rate at which they are being delivered will pick up over the summer months. We have been doing everything in our power to make sure that our customers can start competing, and winning, in the shortest timeframe possible, while at the same time offering technical support both as they prepare their programs and on events. The 208 Rally 4s versatility will enable teams to cater for a broad cross-section of drivers and we are fully mobilized to provide them with a comprehensive range of services at every step of their respective projects.”
François Wales, Director Peugeot Sport
“After more than a year of development work, everyone is delighted to see that the new Peugeot 208 Rally 4 is being delivered to our customers and we can’t wait to see it in action across the world on international, national and local events. We believe the 208 Rally 4’s performance will enchant all those who compete in it, be they hardened campaigners, up-and-coming stars or gentleman drivers. We have confidence in its winning potential in the wake of its successful predecessor and we are here to accompany all our customers as their respective programmes get under way.”
208 RALLY 4 – TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Engine: three cylinders, turbocharged, 1,199cc
- Maximum power: 208hp at 5,450rpm
- Maximum torque: 290Nm at 3,000rpm
- Gearbox: SADEV, five-speed sequential
- Differential: mechanical limited-slip differential
- Front brakes: vented discs (asphalt: 330mm / gravel: 283mm)
- Rear brakes: 290mm discs
- Three-way adjustable suspension (rebound, low- and high-speed compression)
- Minimum weight: 1,080kg (1,250kg with crew onboard)
PRICES (not including value-added tax)
- Assembled car (asphalt or gravel specification): €66,000
- Gravel or asphalt kit: €8,990
- Set-up kit (asphalt or gravel): €3,490, including set of springs, front and rear antiroll bars, 12 wheels, set of ballast bars)
- Equipment kit: €3,990 (including helmet net, intercom, Tripmaster, co-driver’s footrest, light pod, jack system, mounting and strap for second spare wheel)
- Data acquisition: €270
- Estimated running costs per kilometre (excluding fluids): €11.73
208 RALLY CUP FRANCE
- Rallye du Mont-Blanc I September 4-5 (asphalt) I France
- Rallye Terre des Cardabelles I October 9-10 (gravel) I France
- Rallye des Cévennes I October 30-31 (asphalt) I France
- Rallye du Var I November 27-28 (asphalt) I France
208 RALLY CUP IBERICA
- Rali do Alto Tamega I August 28-30 (asphalt) I Portugal
- Rally Princesa de Asturias I September 12-13 (asphalt) I Spain
- Rallye Vidreiro Centro de Portugal Marinha Grande I October 9-10 (asphalt) I Portugal
- RACC Catalunya/Rally de Espana I October 24-25 (asphalt) I Spain
Didier CLÉMENT / Customer Racing Manager, Peugeot Sport
+33 6 87 71 71 85 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean-Marc VINATIER / 208 Rally Cup Sporting Manager
+33 6 73 48 43 39 / email@example.com
Elisa de Crignis / Peugeot Sport Communications
+33 6 26 47 28 62 / firstname.lastname@example.org
PEUGEOT SPORT Store
+33 (0)1 30 11 27 00 / email@example.com
PEUGEOT SPORT technical support
+33 (0) 1 30 11 26 77 / firstname.lastname@example.org