THE PEUGEOT 308 TCR FINISHES THE TCR EUROPE SEASON WITH A DOUBLE PODIUM!
Teddy Clairet (2nd) and Julien Briché (3rd) impressed in the Peugeot 308 TCR as each of them claimed a podium finish at the final round of the European Touring Car Series.
- A five-strong contingent of Peugeot 308 TCRs made the trip to Jarama, near to Madrid, for the final meeting of the TCR Europe season. In addition to championship regulars Julien Briché (JSB Compétition), Jimmy and Teddy Clairet (Team Clairet Sport), local team SMC Junior Motorsport entered two cars for Enriqué Hernando, a promising 25 year-old driver who already had one TCR Europe race under his belt, and Fernando Navarrete, who was making his debut at this level just shy of his fortieth birthday.
- On this track, full of tight, twisty corners that leave no room for error, the Peugeot 308 TCR performed well in qualifying, as Teddy Clairet finished second and Julien Briché took fifth.
- Starting on the front row in race one, Teddy Clairet confirmed his very high performance level in the 308 TCR by holding onto second place right to the chequered flag. He thus claimed his second podium of the season, to go with the one he scored at Paul-Ricard. Meanwhile, Julien Briché grabbed a fine fifth place and Jimmy Clairet rounded off the very strong overall result of the Peugeot cars as he made up twelve places in the race. Enriqué Hernando (13th) and Fernando Navarrete (16th) both acquitted themselves well up against the cream of European touring car racing.
- Race two provided a timely reminder of the significant role played by the Peugeot 308 TCR at the sharp end of this very closely-contested European championship. For the fourth time this season, the car finished on the podium, as Julien Briché claimed third place. Yet more compelling evidence of the Peugeot 308 TCR’s reliability and competitiveness. Further back, the Clairet brothers finished bunched together (Teddy 9th and Jimmy 11th) whilst Fernando Navarrete enjoyed a successful debut in the series as he finished 15th in this final competitive outing of the year.
- With a podium each, this final meeting of the season saw Teddy Clairet and Julien Briché end ninth and tenth respectively in the final overall standings.
WHAT THEY SAID…
Olivier Fuet, Peugeot Sport Circuit Customer Racing Manager
“I would like to congratulate Teddy and Julien for this double podium, it’s a fine way to end what has been a strong season. Against some very stiff opposition, we have claimed four podium finishes, including one race win. These performances clearly show the pace and reliability of the Peugeot 308 TCR. Finally, I’m delighted to have had two local drivers with us at this meeting. It confirms that the 308 TCR is also a very good car for learning about touring car racing at what is undoubtedly the pinnacle of the discipline in Europe.”
Teddy Clairet, Clairet Sport Team driver
“I'm pleased with the weekend and to finish the season on a high note after the ups and downs we have had this year. The performance level was definitely there. It’s a shame that our chassis set-up wasn't quite right for race 2. I just couldn't seem to find the right pace. Despite the issue in qualifying, Jimmy also produced two fine performances in the races, so overall it has been a positive weekend.”
Julien Briché, JSB Compétition team manager and driver
“It’s a good way to finish the season, among the leaders. We might even have finished higher than third if it hadn't been for a minor collision that damaged my rear bumper. After the impact, it rubbed against one of the wheels, and that slowed me down a lot. We definitely had the pace to win the race and that's the key thing for me.”
Copyright-free photographs at:
- Peugeot Sport Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/peugeot.sport
- Peugeot Sport Twitter feed: @peugeotsport
- Peugeot Sport Instagram: @peugeotsportofficial
- Peugeot Sport YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/peugeotsportofficial
- Peugeot Sport Managers
Didier Clement: Head of Peugeot Sport Customer Racing
+33 6 87 71 71 85 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivier Fuet: Circuit Customer Racing Manager
+33 6 07 98 05 76 – email@example.com
- General and sporting questions
Patrick Sinault - +33 6 07 13 34 36 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya d’Artois - +33 6 27 81 68 28 – email@example.com
- Technical Officers
Yann Chalmeton - +33 6 31 83 00 89 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyrille Michel - +33 6 71 25 33 75 – email@example.com
Cyril Dupuy - +33 6 76 86 71 50 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Damien Arbonnier - +33 6 74 56 77 86 - email@example.com
- Vehicle commercial department (Peugeot Citroën Racing Shop)
+33 1 30 11 27 00 - firstname.lastname@example.org